If you’re on a ketogenic diet or simply looking for a low-carb and sugar-free option, this homemade keto milk chocolate recipe is perfect for you. It’s easy to make and tastes just as indulgent as traditional milk chocolate.
- 7 ounces of unsweetened coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons of high-quality cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons of your choice of sweetener (such as stevia or erythritol)
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- A splash of vanilla extract
- A pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, heat the coconut milk over low heat until it is warm. Avoid bringing it to a boil.
- Add the cocoa powder and sweetener of your choice to the warm coconut milk. Stir well until the cocoa powder is fully dissolved.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and salt to the mixture. Stir again to combine all the ingredients.
- Keep stirring the mixture over low heat for about 5-6 minutes, until it thickens slightly.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the mixture cool for a few minutes. It will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Pour the mixture into chocolate molds or an ice cube tray of your choice. This is where you can get creative and use different shapes and sizes.
- Place the molds or ice cube tray in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once hardened, remove the chocolate from the molds or ice cube tray and store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Now you can enjoy your homemade keto milk chocolate without the guilt! The sweetness of this chocolate will depend on your preference, so feel free to adjust the amount of sweetener you use. You can also add flavors like mint extract or almond extract to create different flavors.
These keto milk chocolates are best enjoyed chilled. They will keep in the refrigerator for up to a week, but they are so delicious that they are likely to be enjoyed before then!
Source: Asim, “How to Make Keto Milk Chocolate,” Keto Recipes, [link to the source]
Simple Steps to Create Delicious and Healthy Keto Milk Chocolate
Are you looking for an easy and guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth while following a keto diet? Look no further! With just a few simple steps, you can make your own homemade keto milk chocolate that is both delicious and healthy.
Step 1: Gather the Ingredients
To start making your keto milk chocolate, you will need the following ingredients:
- 3 ounces of high-quality unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup of heavy cream
- 1/4 cup of your choice of keto-friendly sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Step 2: Melt and Sweeten the Chocolate
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the unsweetened chocolate using short intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted. Add the heavy cream, keto-friendly sweetener, and vanilla extract to the melted chocolate, and mix well until the sweetener is fully dissolved.
Step 3: Harden and Store the Chocolate
Line a small tray or mold with parchment paper and pour the chocolate mixture into it. Use a spatula to spread the mixture evenly. Place the tray or mold in the refrigerator for about 2-3 hours to allow the chocolate to harden.
Once the chocolate has hardened, you can cut it into small squares or break it into pieces. Store the keto milk chocolate in an airtight container in the refrigerator to keep it fresh. It should stay good for up to two weeks.
Step 4: Enjoy!
Now that you have your homemade keto milk chocolate ready, you can enjoy it as a delicious and guilt-free treat! Whether you prefer to savor it on its own or use it in your favorite keto recipes, this homemade version is sure to satisfy your cravings while keeping your carb levels in check.
Questions and answers:
What is the recipe for making keto milk chocolate?
The recipe for making keto milk chocolate involves mixing together cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, and a natural sweetener like stevia or erythritol. You can also add some vanilla extract for flavor. Once the mixture is smooth, pour it into chocolate molds and refrigerate until firm.
What ingredients do I need to make keto milk chocolate?
To make keto milk chocolate, you will need cocoa powder, melted coconut oil, a natural sweetener like stevia or erythritol, and vanilla extract (optional).
Can I use a different sweetener instead of stevia or erythritol?
Yes, you can use a different sweetener of your choice, such as monk fruit sweetener or xylitol. Just make sure to adjust the amount according to your taste preferences.
How long does it take for the keto milk chocolate to firm up in the refrigerator?
The keto milk chocolate usually takes about 1-2 hours to firm up in the refrigerator. However, the exact time may vary depending on the size and shape of your chocolate molds.
Can I add nuts or other ingredients to the keto milk chocolate?
Yes, you can add chopped nuts, shredded coconut, or other ingredients of your choice to the keto milk chocolate. Just mix them in with the cocoa powder and melted coconut oil before pouring the mixture into the molds.
Is keto milk chocolate suitable for people with diabetes?
Keto milk chocolate can be a good option for people with diabetes, as it is sugar-free and low in carbohydrates. However, it is always important to consult with a healthcare professional before making any changes to your diet.
Can I use regular milk instead of coconut oil?
No, regular milk is not suitable for making keto milk chocolate as it contains lactose, which is a sugar. Coconut oil is used as a healthier alternative that is low in carbs and high in healthy fats.